Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Up From the Grave!

Anyone remember this little number?

Purchased from the Amish Auction in 2016...I think!  It only cost $2 and was the perfect first furniture project for me!
Well, time got the better of me once again.  From work to caring for my Mom, I ignored this little thing for quite some time.  I think I finally sanded and put new legs on it (with the help of Mr. Amazing) in 2017, but then we moved, so it sat around a little while longer!  

Well.....drumroll please.....

Ta Da!




The finished product is a birds-egg blue with white highlights.  I used a home-made chalk paint from a friend in town, Elaine Lewis from the Bunkhouse in Coalgate, and then sealed it with an acrylic spray.

Yeah, it's not the best, but it's a start!  I wish I had pushed through all the obstacles earlier because I really enjoyed finishing this project.  It's sturdier and prettier.  
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment