Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Look Back at 2017


"Always be humble and kind" by Lori McKenna is a concept easier to uphold when we remember our past. In taking a look back at 2017, I'm humbled by the events. Here's a look.

  • Watched Mr. Mattox (age 3) until he started Pre-K.
  • Started aiding my Mother with her baths.
  • The little hooptie car broke down, luckily at the school parking lot. Found out later it had over five gallons of water in the tank...😔
  • Bought my daughters car and helped her buy herself a new one!
  • Lost my Brother, Andy Smith, to a pulmonary embolism on June 26. 😔
  • Located a dreamy house on the Blue River.
  • Struck a deal on the house and ten acres on the Blue River, four months after we located it.
  • Went back to full-time at work.
  • Moved out of the small rent house into the bigger rent house.😬
  • Wrote a grant for work in two weeks. 😬
  • Moved out of the country house into the bigger rent house, selecting items to sell along the way. 
  • Coordinated a Feed-the-Children event in Tishomingo in two weeks, for work. 😬
  • Began mortgage paperwork for the new place.😬
  • Sold our house and almost everything in it, auction style!😬
  • Took a smallish vacation with the Grandkids to Great Wolf Lodge.
  • Celebrated Christmas with the family on Mr. Amazing's birthday.
When I started the list I thought at first there wasn't much to list. I was wrong...  it was a big year. Of course, there was a lot of sadness and stress and Mr. Amazing was there every step of the way. I'm truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment