Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Taking a Look Back Primes us for the Future!

Bee-Suite Selfie!
Last night I was wondering where the time has gone (since I have this thing with time), but then started to list all the things we did last year that made it go so fast!  One huge effort was a challenge my hubby and I took  to take a selfie together every day for 365 days.  Somewhere around day 180, we fizzled out.  However, the result of the effort was priceless!  We had a banner year, to say the least!  For two fuddy-duds, we certainly climbed out of a rut!

Let's take a look back at 2015:

Craft Show in Texas
  • 365-day selfie challenge
  • Husband built a huge shop by himself
  • Opened our Etsy shop online
  • Promotion to Manager at my work - extra responsibilities!
  • 5-day vacation in New York City
  • We became bee keepers with a purchase of 5 hives
  • Last child (out of 6) graduated from HS
  • Hosted 60-year Anniversary party for parents at our house
  • Hosted Family reunion at our house
  • Traveled to Texas to be in a craft show
  • Jim got a new job
  • Hosted Mom's birthday party
  • 7-day vacation in Maryland/Washington DC
Its always nice to take a moment to look back at what was accomplished.  We certainly concentrated on things we love to do!  However, this year is quite different. After the "great remodel" of our little house in town, my days are devoted at home with Mom.  I'm thoroughly loving the much-needed rest and look forward to completing some projects - totally blessed to be here!  For some reason, though, I think I'll have some "big" things going on this year.

For one, the Etsy store will be open again real soon!  Perhaps God is working things out in his own timing and here I am - right where I want to be!

Below are some of our one-of-a-kind items. 

Knife Block
Sewing Drawer Storage
Vases

Have a blessed day and remember how truly fortunate you are today!  Take a look back and prime yourself for the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment