Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Next!

I told you! Time flies! This year has been extremely challenging for me. In November, my lovely Mother asked for some help. Well, simply she just said, "I think I need some help." You have to understand this is the first time in her whole life that she admitted this. She's 86 this year and floating in and out of dementia. It's a good day when she remembers I'm her daughter.

So how are we going to do this... I'm still working and now living with my Mother in a rent house of ours. The good part is it's in town and zero stairs, so it's safer. This year I've set up Home Health, Senior Nutrition and Physical Therapy. I'm very fortunate my work had projects for me to complete at home. I've use my FMLA, but very soon I'll be going to part-time employment. Family is helping, but maybe not as dependable as I thought they would be. I'm so blessed to have this house for her care.

Just when I thought I would get some extra time after all the kids graduated, this happens. Well, no use crying over it. I'm going to make the best of it! In fact, I've been working on projects all along the way. However, I've closed my Etsy shop and hidden this blog temporarily.  Just couldn't keep up with it all.

While preparing this house, we painted every wall and laid carpet. But my favorite part was reworking the cabinets! Look at these beauties!!!



BEFORE
AFTER



Brightened the place up, didn't it?  It was hard work, but worth every effort! For a minimal cost, I think they are absolutely awesome!  My sister loved them so much, she really got in to organizing the space! It was a lot of fun.

 
Now that we we get getting settled, we've started "project night" every Tuesday for random crafts and projects. Just had the first one last week. My first project was decorating these medicine bottles. I don't know why we throw away all this perfectly good plastic.  It just needs to be reworked and reused in a different way. 
We're turning them into cute little storage containers and giving them to the girls at the orphan home in Madill. Can't wait to finish them!  Each container will be filled with items like QTips, bobbie pins, bandaids, etc.  After covering them with colorful and fun papers, we will label them and put some bling on them (project for next week!).  Then we might add little notes of encouragment in each for the girls.  The finished products will be added to the shoebox our church prepares for each girl (about 40 girls).  The Shoebox Ministry has been a congregation favorite for years!


 
Well, I'm back on the board (in slightly less than a year this time!).  I hope I can keep up the posting to let you know how things are going. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment