Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Yarn Becomes Vintage Too!

It's winter and the most relaxing craft for me during the coldest days is crochet.  This week I learned a waffle stitch and I'm using it on scarves for my Etsy store.  I love a fluffy scarf, so this is perfect!  I used my Mom's bulky Boucle' yarn I found in some of her craft storage.  I think she bought it in the 80's!  She packed it nicely with dryer sheets to keep them fresh smelling, so I'm continuing with that technique!



These scarves are so plush and warm for the cold, cold winter.  They bounce  a little when you handle them and keep you snuggled inside your coat.  They measure around 55" long and about 7" wide.  



Mom never learned to crochet, but was an excellent knitter!  It's funny that I didn't pick up knitting.  She would knit pull-over sweaters for us in a variety of colors for school and work.  I found three sweaters she was last working on and I'm not throwing them away.  They are going to become pillows as soon as I can get to them.  

I hope you're enjoying a good craft indoors while it's cold outside. 





No comments:

Post a Comment