Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Selling in the New Market



Hi Peeps!

I have a new Facebook friend who paints chairs and always starts his videos with "Hi Peeps!"  I just love his spirit!  Just search for Andy's Chairs on Facebook to enjoy his optimism and love for his business.  He's a true inspiration!

Andy and his Mother have utilized social media to reach new people and find followers as he builds his business.  He's really getting his name out there and works all the angles.  As I enjoy watching Andy and many online videos, I realize that Im now five years into my own blog.  The investment of time in blogging has been minimal and it's been a lot of fun!

In that five years, I've been researching projects, business models and marketing strategies in my spare time after working at my full-time job.  I've been making small goals and discovering what I'm actually capable of doing.  What I've learned mostly is that the market place is a changing!  It's changing fast and it's time for us to change with it!  

The goal, however, is still the same....make money.  But how we make it is drastically different than in years past.  Instead of us seeing new brick-and-mortar stores, we're seeing an influx of new online businesses popping up all over the net. Additionally, well-established stores are also scaling back on their physical stores with more concentration on their online presence.

In an online sea of merchants, its seemingly more difficult to compete.  It looks like a business needs to set themselves apart from the rest; to offer more than traditionally expected.  This is called "value added."  Value added can be just about anything!  If you are a person who thinks "outside the box," then here's a perfect challenge for you!

There's so much information out there now.  You can find podcasts and videos on anything from accounting practices to how to take professional photos to making cupcakes.  There are bloggers and websites to guide you through the obstacle course in your field of endeavor.  Then there are places like Google and Pinterest to search for new ideas.  And, let's not leave out all the social media we can use to reach readers and customers!


Jennifer Allwood  can be found on Facebook and offers a wealth of information to convert your traditional ideas into a modern game plan.  Even without joining her "Inner Circle," you have so much to gain from listening to what she has to say.  What I'm learning from her now is the different revenue sources a business can enjoy by operating online.  I have some of those revenue sources, but want to learn how to get more out of them and create even more revenue streams.  She's a creative person who understands my way of thinking and has certainly perfected her business structure.  Try her out!

Finally, I want to give a plug to my cousins with InTouch Marketing out of California. You must read some of their material.  The information is very much "Value Added" for any business!  

Okay, Peeps, see you around on the net!  Take care and rethink your plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment