Pages

Friday, May 24, 2019

Little Ugly Table

Took a minute to paint this little gem.  It's a handmade table that a friend of mine gave me years ago.  I let it sit on my porch for a few years, mainly because I couldn't find the time or energy to do anything with it, so I decided to fix it up this week.


Look at the age on this thing!  It's a really solid piece with aging wood.

I cleaned it up with a rag and sanded a few rough edges before painting it with the remnants of my Duck Egg chalk paint.



I'm so surprised I got so many things painted with this paint.  Surprisingly, I think I have a few more projects I can get out of that pint of paint!

After it dried, I pulled some of the color off with a wet rag and a little sandpaper.  I waxed the entire piece with a black wax to deepen the color and give it that silky sheen.


What a perfect little accent for any room! 


It sold within the week, so on to the next little project!!


No comments:

Post a Comment