Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Stick Your Hand Out!

I read a book by Robert Kyosaki years ago and he said there's money out in the world; all you have to do is stick your hand out and ask for some.  That's not a direct quote, but that's what I got from it!!!  Likewise, the author didn't mean to literally stick your hand out or to start begging, he was speaking about owning a business or investing in creative ways to provide goods and services to create an income. 

This one paragraph was intriguing to me and made me open my eyes to people and money.  I noticed there are people out there who have money...and then there are those who struggle.  Obviously, those that struggle are more interested in spending money and doing things to make them feel good without looking at the consequences.  Those with an abundance are those that are always "working" their situation.  They find ways to be the best at what they do so they can find the better jobs and most money.  If they don't make it in the working world (working for "the man") they are the ones creating incomes out of nothing.  They are the doers.

This week, I was able to experience a little of what Mr. Kyosaki was talking about.  I've been blogging for two years and not really doing much concerning my crafting and upcycling.  Because of my new 2017 "goals," I forced myself to do what I wrote...and voila! It worked...the money is coming in!  I had an awesome week of sales!!  I posted 30 items to the local online auction, 10 items to an outside online sale site and 7 items to Etsy.  I also have an item picked out for my one furniture piece for the month.    Redoing furniture is new to me, so I plan on starting small and increasing the difficulty each month.  I've always been the kind that takes my time and enjoys every minute of it...probably too slow for a production job!  I love cherishing the item I'm working on and putting my all into it. 

As for Etsy, I posted 7 vintage items.  I have several smaller projects on the starting block, but none complete.  Like I said...I'm not ready for a production job!  Vintage items are a perfect way to fill in the gaps in case I don't create fast enough!

I'm a happy camper this week and can't wait for next week.  It takes time to do all the posting, but not as much as my regular work does.  My extra effort at home is paying off!  There IS money out there in the world and maybe a real income for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment